Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cosmetic Review: Tony Moly Tony Tint

My generation has seen a lot of lip and cheek tints come and go. Some brands familiar to me are Mistine, Fashion 21 and the ever famous The Body Shop lip and cheek tint. I haven't even tried all these. The only ones I've tried is the then cult favorite Bench Pretty When Pinched (deep violet in the tube and pink when blended) and Etude House's Dear Darling Tint in 03 (which is a reddish-orange shade). I never used them for long because the Bench one is not that long-lasting and the Dear Darling Tint has a weird smell and taste (almost like medicine).

Here is my recent great discovery:

Tony Moly Tony Tint in Red Apple and Cherry Pink

The Tony Tint is one of the best-selling products of Tony Moly. Rumor has it that it's used by Goo Hye Sun (Geum Jan Di) of Boys Over Flowers fame.



See how flushed her face and lips are? That's Tony Tint at work!

I have already road tested this product for two days and the results are fantastic. I am required to wear red lipstick to work so I bought the Apple Red variant. Before applying this to your face and lips, make sure to use moisturizer and lip balm to avoid streaks and drying.

(Color swatches taken with flash. To your left are the freshly applied tints. To your left are tints when wiped with a cotton pad.)

Here is the Tony Tint applied to the cheeks. If you want a matte look, apply first the tint on moisturized skin then apply powder over it. Don't worry, the tint will not fade. By the way, if you will use the tint with BB cream, apply the BB cream first then blend the tint after.

(Right: No flash; Left: with flash)

Now here is the Tony Tint applied to the lips. I have two ways in applying it:

The Korean Way and My Way (haha!)
Left: subtle with lip balm; Right: full on red with lip balm


See how natural or glam your lips can go depending on how you build up the color? I really recommend this product if you want long-lasting color and an instant pick-me-upper.

Will I recommend this?

Yes! I know there's a reason why I wasn't able to buy The Body Shop's Lip and Cheek Tint and it was this! The Tony Tint does not have a weird smell and glides on really well. Just don't forget to be quick in blending as the product dries fast on skin. You might end up with red spots and streaks. And by the way, it has another variant called Cherry Pink (which I bought earlier this evening). I hope they'll come up with a Peach variant.

How much is it?

You can buy it for PhP 278.00. Very attractive price, right? You can buy the two variants for less than the price of one piece The Body Shop's Lip and Cheek Tint.

Where to buy?

Tony Moly has branches in department stores and SM Malls.


So is this product a hit or miss for you? Let me know! :)

Till the next blog post!

5 comments:

  1. I'm curious about why you are required to wear red lipstick to work? great pick! Thanks, Chym for introducing your readers to Tony Moly cosmetics, we don't have to do the trial and error try-them-ons ourselves and we're sure to be satisfied with the stuff we would be purchasing. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course that would be purely rumor. Truth has it that Goo Hye Sun used Beauty Credit Lovely Lip Tint over the years^^... You may contact us directly if you are interested with the Beauty Credit Lip Tint. Thank you. - Beauty Credit Philippines 0915-595-9985/0908-492-9349

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course that would be purely rumor. Truth has it that Goo Hye Sun used Beauty Credit Lovely Lip Tint over the years. Please contact us if you are interested with Beauty Credit products. - by Beauty Credit Philippines 0915-595-9985

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi diane! Thank you so much for reading. :) i appreciate it.

    Hi somang! I would love to try it. I contacted you already. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. alice oriona axelleAugust 6, 2012 at 3:28 PM

    very nice review., you make me wanna try the one 

    ReplyDelete