Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cosmetic Review: The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Angel Skin Powder Pact

Every girl has their own favorite compact powder. I started with liking those Johnson and Johnson's compacts when I was still in grade school. The powder used for it is mild, I even think that is only baby powder, pressed to make it portable to avoid accidental powder spillage inside our bags. But as I grew older, my preference for my compact powder evolved (coverage, oil control, exact color for my skin tone). Even the prices. Ouch. And the compact powder is now called a powder pact. Any difference? Still powder. Hahaha!

Here is the compact I've been using for two months now:

The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Angel Skin Powder Pact in NB 23. NB 23 will suit fair skin toned girls.  The powder pact costs PhP 425.00.

Product Description:
  • A base make-up that gives a translucent angel-like –complexion 
  • Various spherical powders that absorb sebum with a time difference so the skin will be matte and fresh looking all day without any dryness
  • Has a very light texture that would not burden the skin. Adheres naturally into the skin without any chalkiness and gives a nice coverage making your skin more lucent
How to use:

Tap the powder into your make-up using the puff that comes with the compact. Press the powder firmly into the foundation, ensuring all area are covered

To your left is my first Angel Skin Powder Pact. As you can see, I've already hit the pan after 2 months (I purchased this last January). This one came in the NB 23 shade. To your right is my back up given as a gift last February. Nothing bad about having a back up especially that this works for me. NO BREAKOUTS.

This comes in 10 G and will last you a good 2-3 months depending on usage, maybe 4 months, too. One thing I really, really like about this pact is that it fulfills its promise of an angel-like complexion. The powder glides on like a cream and doesn't cake up when applied a bit more. I can't be too sure with applying it on blemished skin. You will need a good BB Cream and concealer before applying this powder. Flawless skin merits flawless coverage.

Use this powder pact over your BB Cream but let the latter dry first before applying. If you do apply the powder over your still moist BB Cream, that's where the caking up will happen. But if you're in a hurry, you can pat the powder over your base. You won't have any problems with that.

LIKES:
  • Very light coverage that I can describe as the next best thing I can get where angel skin is concerned. Haha!
  • It glides on like a dreaaaaaam. It doesn't cake up and doesn't mattify my BB cream. It sort of seals it.
  • No irritating smell here.
  • Lasts 3-4 hours on my face before my T-Zone gets oily.
  • The packaging is not overly cute. Very classy. It's something you can whip out in public for quick touch-ups. Also, this packaging survived a high fall. I accidentally dropped my powder pact one day but it surprisingly remained in one piece. 
  • I love the puff included in the pact. It's like a sponge, but it isn't a sponge. LOL. When the puff became too saturated with powder, I didn't give it up to buy another one. I washed it with the good ol' dish washing liquid and dried up overnight. The next day, the puff was still as soft as when I first purchased it!
  • It doesn't clog the pores. NO BREAKOUTS!
NEUTRAL:
  • As with all The Face Shop products, I am partial with the price of this one. It's expensive for a compact especially when you can buy others from a hundred to two hundred bucks. But when you find one product that works for you, price doesn't matter anymore because you wouldn't want to settle for anything less than good for your skin.
DISLIKES:
  • ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Well, except for its lack of SPF. My BB cream (which is from The Face Shop, too. Review coming up in a week after I'm done road-testing it) can make up for that.
I really recommend this for girls who want to have that angel skin. And of course, for those who don't mind shelling out a few four hundred bucks. Haha! As I have said, this is the next best thing you'll get to the enviable, to-die-for skins of those angels. 

Any powder pacts that give off the same effect and benefits as this one? Comment and share below! 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awesome product! We added it to our store just because of this review :) (www.momomango.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. about how much did this cost ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review! Will get this maybe this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered this because of you, cant wait till it gets here!

    ReplyDelete